Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Phutuma Nathi Shares

SEC_MAN
Frequent Contributor
I bought 1000 Phutuma Nathi shares at R10.00 each in 2006 OTC.It will be maturing next year.Any ideas of approximately how much i will receive?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
suki
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SEC_MAN
Frequent Contributor
Hi Suki, how did you arrive at this amount?
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
I still have the prospectus. it was said that the shares are worth R50, but were sold to us at R10 each. that is a discount of R40. google the prospectus to refresh your memory.
0 Kudos
SEC_MAN
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for the input
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The value of the share at that time was R50. You paid R10 Where the balance was funded by Naspers and recouped with dividends. The value of the share at expiree will still be determined by supply and demand which in turn will be determined by the perceived value of the stake of PN in Multichoice. You will therefore not know how much this is until expiree. Might even be less than your initial margin.
0 Kudos
kicc
Frequent Contributor
My understanding is that these shares will mature in November 2011. The value of the share was R50 in 2006. Any idea on what the current value of this share is? is it in any way related to the rise in price of the NAspers share?
0 Kudos
kicc
Frequent Contributor
Does anyone know when the annoucement will be made regarding the value of this share. An announcement was made that we could sell from December 2011 and that we will be informed of the price and manner in which we can trade the unlisted share.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
labat africa share price is taking off, you will see your money grow. new kids on the block. getting great returns so far check it out
0 Kudos