Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Pik n Pay the dominator!

Not applicable
Pik n Pay are dominant in their field ;if any body understands retail it is Raymond ackerman;he knows how to make pounds from pennies ;is no other company quite like it ;will double in price within 6 months;look at dividends ,speaks for itself-spinning cash to share holders
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
asylum
Super Contributor
Hey jaeymaker do you work for them?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hi Guys. I use to work for Metcash many year ago. Metcash holding included the Trade Centres ,and Metro. Company in the food industy really excel and make substaintial profit when we are in an food inflation period...(as we currently are in) So your remark about Pik and Pay is 100% correct.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Used to be one of my favourite retail shares, but it's struggling a bit these days; losing ground to Woolies locally, an is still battling to make a go of its Australian operations. Spar is also biting into its market share. Local retail market is rapidly becoming saturated, which is why Shoprite has concentrated on international expansion - so P&P is beginning to look a little tired and in need of a new plan.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Gravy, I like your comment; clear and to the point, even I understand and ek stem nogal saam met jou.
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
Thus the change in MD. Woollies has major plans for new stores and is currently gaining ground on Spar and P&P. No I don't work for either of them I am in the retail industry though. Watch WoolLies. If new MD at P&P can change plan a bit they will also take share from Spar. Sapr has reached a point where they have stores right on top of each other - all three brands.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hi gravy... I accept and respect your view.I believe there is significant firepower still left in Pik n Pay and that is only because of the current food inflation period we find ourselve in.Usually rebate from quick turnover of products constribute to a sigificant portion of NPBT. (Well that my 1c worth for today)
0 Kudos
Captain_Kidd
Contributor
Hi guys, Talking About food, what do you all think of TBS, Nice support line from about middle of march, RSI recently bounced on support. Not sure of fundamentals though !! Just looking for something of value to go long. Any thought will be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no I do not but I wish I did at a ceo level
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no I do not but I wish I did at a ceo level
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos