Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Pinnnacle

stores
Super Contributor
Took a seroius knock on the market today. Got a sms just before noon advising that one of my trades was trading below my stop loss exit price. I did not react, coz, I was so involved with closing arguments in the Oscar Pretorius case. Anyway damage done....(The counter went down +- 20 % this afternoon after my warning). I got out of the trade at about 4 pm. Will try and make these losses up next week. May take a couple of months though, but that is trading and school fees I had to chip in for. Hopefully, I will learn from this and not make this mistake again. The share was Pinnnacle. 25% down in one day. My trader friends out there...Please learn from this.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Bouwer
Super Contributor
I have learned my lesson with stop losses as well. If it triggers, sell regardless of what may happen.. The the worst is when you get stopped out and 5 mins after that the market turns.. Unfortunately that is always in hindisght..
0 Kudos
phd
Contributor
Best lesson would be to stay away from this company
0 Kudos