Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Pivot Points

venice
Super Contributor
Who here is using pivot points? I have tried to see relevance to the daily pivot and s1,s2,r1,and r2 pivots in our market but each time I look at it I realize they don't seem to work. Who here is using pivots with sucess?? and if so why am I not finding them usefull??
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable
They work very well, The thing is that you have to look at them in historical time as well
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The FTSE bounce off it to the Tee 7077 ( Pivot )
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sorry that should read 4077
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
I see that today we gaped past the pp, r1 and r2 then tested the r2 before taking off again, ok maybe they workish.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
At what time frame you looking at ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No we tested the piviot !!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hennie, do you factor in the opening price for your pivot calculation or do you use the standard "yesterday's (H+L+C)/3"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes --- P = (yesterday's high + yesterday's low + yesterday's close)/3
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Hennie maybe a tut on how to work out the pivot ect would help. I've done it how I think it should be done obviously I'm wrong.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Its all about the day before no gap ups or down, Just yesterdays info :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Send me your mail I'll send it to you :)[email protected]
0 Kudos
JDT
Regular Contributor
Here's a description of formulas, etc: http://www.tradejuice.com/forex/pivot-point-trading-mm.htm ...and I'm not endorsing this guys products.
0 Kudos