Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Plastic could break furniture retail credit arms

6 REPLIES 6
Brazen
Super Contributor
That is interesting Simon, thanks for that. Just wonder though if all that happens is that people run up twice the credit. Once on their new credit cards when the buy clothes etc, and then again when they buy furniture. It's not human nature to cut back when you're offered more, more likely to spend more.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ah yes that could well happen. An this issue of retailers now being bankers is something we've discussed here before.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
LOL! Yip. And at the time of that discussion JD Group was in the mid 60s.
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
Well after last night's further expose on Carte Blanche I do not expect JD to make huge profits anymore... Double charging arears clients for lawyer-fees AND hitting them with 25% for that??? The new credit act is VERY CLEAR. If given reckless credit to someone who cannot afford it the that money will be written off... So I say SHORT JD stocks. There will be an inquiry into this lot.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
indeed. I exited all retailers (except for pik) last year when Tito started his increases. And every one is currently higher. My logic was correct, but the market cared nothing.
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
See someone is taking my short advice to heart! Down 3.8% already!
0 Kudos