Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Plat prices, eish, Gold hmm

Not applicable
Hmm...plat prices are under 1100, s more bad to come I guess. No new cars to be sold ;-( Now if the gold price can inreae a little with the weakening rand we could se some nice gold profits.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
ooops, gold just dipped below 920, caution..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and the rand are 8.18,,,,calculate the 918 on gold out hahahaha
0 Kudos
BAP
Regular Contributor
We had this resource cycle discussion and possible manipulation by big players, a few weeks ago. Me think oil, plats and gold close to start of a mini bull run again, next week? IMP holding up nicely today despite drop in platinum.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Plat had better start rallying soon, because i think that plat manufacturing costs are around $1200 per ounce, so I don't think IMP or AMS have been operating at profit for almost 1 year now. And Lonmin CEO quoted as saying about 3 months ago that Platinum was in oversupply. I Stand to be corrected though.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Plat. has been trading in the $1100 to $1300 range for some time now.On four coccasions its failed to go above $1292 per ounce.Now its just inside $1100 range last visited sixty days ago.It looks like its going to fall further,then there is only minor resistance above $1000 per ounce.Platinum is not really in over supply at the moment.The weakness is caused by lack of confidence in the world recovery and feeling its going to take longer than every one thought.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Looking to get my gubby paws on a few JBL shares at a good price.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
yes good stratergy,although i'm glad i sold out the last of my stock on Monday.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Did the same thing on Monday. I wasn't looking forward to the stress off a volatile ride with very little certainty through the earnings season. Rather sit on the sideline earning money market interest and watch how this pans out.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What is a good price for JBL? I thought that shareholders didn't like the braemore deal?
0 Kudos