Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Please help!

Not applicable
I can relate to your situation, that was me a few months back when i swithced from Autoshare Invest. The best advice is to hold only 5 shares with a min of R10K, so decide on the five shares that you want to go on with, save some cash and then go in one share at a time, it will take some time. They call this paying school fees in this game... If time is on your side, there is nothing to worry about.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
First off, the alias "New to the game" isn't going to cut it. You'll need to close your account, open a new one, and change your nic to something catchy like Riltin or Beelzebub, feel free to use either of these gems. Next you'll want to go balls to the wall, and stick your 7k into a highly geared barrier wave... Direction isn't important 'cos youll only last 30-45 minutes anyways. Don't mention it. I'll be here for the next 30-45 minutes waiting for your bid.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Definately only stick to a max of 5 shares. Build them up to R10k each (1 trade at a time - Brokerage is Min 120 per trade and goes up for trades higher than about R10k). You'll need to take the view of holding for the long term, in which case the current hiccup is eventually going to help you as you'll get into shares at better prices. What strategy have you used in choosing the shares you have gone into?
0 Kudos
BusyBee
Contributor
Hey Drigo ...Thanks dude ... I don't feel so alone now! Will get educated on this so that I make an informed decision on what to do. Thanks to all for the advice.
0 Kudos