Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Please help!

f4jsa
Frequent Contributor
Subtle change of words in 2 most recent updates. First they say expect in line performance with 2nd half of last year (i.e comparison with around 30c/share). Now in latest update they say confident 2nd half will be better than 1st half of SAME YEAR (i.e better than the expected 4c/share of 2011 1st half). To me it looks expected earnings for 2011 will be around 4c for 1st half (confirmed as per update) and then "better" than 4c/share for 2nd. If we assume they will earn 50% less than last year's 2nd half (and that is optomistic considering they are earning about 90% less in 1st half), that makes 4c plus 15c = 19c per share. PE of 5 makes share price of around R1. Am I mistaken????
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
phone them and ask ..
0 Kudos
f4jsa
Frequent Contributor
Great help, thanks Simon. Not to worry, I dumped all my shares @ R205. Will buy back at R1.
0 Kudos
ClintD
Occasional Contributor
You sold too soon, its going to R4!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Maybe in another 10 years......
0 Kudos
f4jsa
Frequent Contributor
Then help me with the facts: EPS 4c 1st half, my prediction 15c in 2nd half (there has been no major construction contracts for anyone). That makes less than 20c EPS for 2011. Small caps PE's are < 5. That makes shareprice less than R1 by early 2011????
0 Kudos