Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Please inform a new trader of the lingo!

eddy66
Super Contributor
What does it mean when you say it's a dead cat bounce? And give me some more lingo so I don't have to ask again :)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
It's when a stock price declines steeply, then bounces on what might look like a significant recovery, only to subsequently fall even lower.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Yup, don't get excited if stocks are "bouncing" upward - the longer-term direction is down. Google "define:dead cat bounce" for more
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
OMO err washing powder? NO Only my opinion,also OMHO only my honest opinion....we are only really allowed to discuss shares we have and what we think might happen to them,we are not allowed to give advice on shares,but can point out the method we use or ask for anothers method.Most forumites never read the rules governing this forum,so read them and then u can be on your way....DEAD CAT BOUNCE.If a dead cat is thrown from a tall building it well bounce upon hitting the pavement,how ever fall again as quickly,hence a share might rise because of some circumstance in the market against the trend or the whole market ,but then fall as rapidly.
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
thanks for the speedy replies! And Barry,thanks for the extra info,wasn't aware of the fact that you're only allowed certain comments regarding shares! Good luck with the trading!!
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
0 Kudos