Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Plunge of the cliff...

Q2W
Super Contributor
What just happened. 200 points down in 3 minutes...
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
US jobs data - not liked.
0 Kudos
Q2W
Super Contributor
Do you have a link please.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
so who was short?
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
keep getting smacked my the ALSI so didnt have the balls to push the button. But I was long GBP and EUR. Man those were SWEET moves when the news came out 100 point move in <15 mins! SO who was short .. good call! - P
0 Kudos
Not applicable
9 shorts, went long MTN today, looking good
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hey Chaertist Eye spy with my little eye a gap about 200 points lower
0 Kudos
Not applicable
bout bloody time... been sitting mostly in cash waiting for an entry and here she comes... looking forward to next week, always seem to make more buck when the markets more volitile.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Thats because you have skills mate. well done for being patient.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
not patient enough dude. I bought small quantities of FSR, WHL, SAB & MSM turbos in the mean time but stayed mostly in cash for the events like this.
0 Kudos
Sentiment
Contributor
Greenspans view: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6983051.stm - is that wisdom or just old age reminiscing the past?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
The trouble with Rand hedge shares is that they have the majority investors overseas ,than in the past,so they are subject to the woes of their markets.How ever just look at the $ price of gold(over $7 per ounce)and the weakening Rand to see we are sitting in the pound seats and the same with other resources"vasbt"
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
I was short, as oscillators were overbought anyway.These sharp rallies are indicative of a bear market, a bull climbs slowly ,step by step.I see a nasty low around 10 October, as per my mathematical methods...will update later.
0 Kudos
Zirk
Frequent Contributor
John, looks like sep40 heading toward the gap you spotted around 25500 on 31aug? OMO
0 Kudos