Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Plunge protection team.

DEP
Super Contributor
I agree. Markets have run too hard since Fed cut, I think there are more problems related to the credit market still to come.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I dont care either way as long as I am on the right side of the move.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya also disagree. Risk of US recession is very low, and anyways these days the US less important (still king, but the subjects a little less in awe). I have meself a simple view. All time highs = bullish.
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
We'll see more trouble emerge next year when all those ARM's reset round jan-march. Hopefully we'll have a nice nov/dec rally. In the meantime Im tempted to go long EUR/USD with a tight stop just before teh announcement. aaah the life of a speculator ...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja ....you see what you guys dont realise is that the market looks ways ahead.....do you think that a few days ago or even weeks ago the market didnt know that this jobs report is imminent? The market rallied in anticipation.....so now it has the risk priced in...when the numbers are out the risk discount falls away and we reprice.....you gotta start throwing that damm conventional wisdom away....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
It may be conventional, but I am not sure it is ever wisdom!
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
I will rather be on the sideline on this one. I will wait for market reaction first before buying at these levels...
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
I,m with you on this one DEP also on the sideline made nice profits on MLA and now i,ll wait and see which way the wind blows.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja lots of physicists here ...where are the traders? I recall going to a TA course about 2 years ago....Yonatan Rom was saying the market was due for a big correction cause it had run so hard and that we should be moving out of equities....we were at 18000 then... I also recall MLA was at R 56 and he told me it was unlikely to recover from those levels....
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
R56 for MLA wonder how many guys on this forum bought back then and are still holding, laughing of course all the way to the bank.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
You may be right or you may be wrong. However, the market is due for profit taking soon... I will rather be wrong and be on the side line than take a risk with market at current levels.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes that is the prudent thing to do as long as you dont chase it either way....remember the time to enter is on the pulback to the breakout or the bounce back up to the breakdown
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Hi Chartist thats the one thing that always gets me just when i think ok the market has pull back i jump in and lo and behold it goes lower still, and same problem on the up side alaways seem to get out to early.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Any news that will give this market direction is good news to me. This is a boring as hell day.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Not always easy to get it rihgt. I am looking at re-entering TKG.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
All my indcators are bullish at the moment, Still a 50/50 but I will remain bullish untill proved otherwise.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what happened to the market tanks either way scenario?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Thats why I drink and use indicators.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Indicators are always good, but you really shouldn't be driving at all when you've been drinking, John.
0 Kudos
Goldbull
Frequent Contributor
U.S. payrolls grow by 110,000 in September, August numbers revised upward; unemployment rate rises to 4.7 percent. More soon CNNMoney.com
0 Kudos