Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Poor Service from Standard Online Trading !!!

Maggie
Super Contributor
Is anyone else experiencing bad service. Money requested last week has STILL not been paid into my account despite several e-mails from Standard confirming that it has. This is the second time this has happened. Was informed last time 'Sorry we are having some glitches'. This is NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
to my knowledge all payments requested before 2pm have been paid .. if your expereince is different, speak to my call center ..
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
I can assure you the funds are not in my account. Why should I phone your call centre at my expense when I have sent them 4 e-mails this afternoon informing them that the funds are not in my account ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
GL
Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Maggie .. all we have is a payment request on the 24th which was paid out yesterday at 12.56pm ..
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Please send Maggie a list of SA Public Holidays.
0 Kudos
GL
Contributor
I love it when people rant about poor service IN ANGRY CAPITAL LETTERS ON FORUMS WITH LOTS OF EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!!!!1 Only to find out the misunderstanding was on their side. Maggie, say sorry to SBFM (and Simon) for ranting like a lunatic.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
did transfer from trading account this morning. checked my bank account now. voila, the money has been received. who is complaining?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The problem I have is I keep asking for money and they keep telling me that I dont have any...I mean really, whats up with that. What kind of a bank is this.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Maybe Maggie is trying to increase her overdraft this way?
0 Kudos
Bangbielie
Contributor
The e-mail responses are not 24-48 hours. I have been waiting for a response since Monday 9h21.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yes no maybe .. the initial email was responded to .. your Monday email was a follow up to the initial and is being dealt with internally ..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
What reallt is disconcerting is logging on to your OST account and finding your share balances are all incorrect; and instead of having cash in the account, you owe STANDARD A meg or so!
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Eish... no problem with OST. Been with them around 16 yrs. You wont do much better elsewhere. Never banked with STD bank as a bank, my accounts with ABSA and Ned, however, when it come to OST. Std is ahead of other banking group.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Ps... I like Simon's style. He never agrees with my opinion, which makes it fun (and makes you think, sometimes gives you more courage to go for it and prove him wrong)eg buy gold or go short etc.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
..A survey published this week ,names SBK the most expensive for bank charges amongst all banks - an ignominious title took away from ABSA !!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Banking charges and OST charges diff. comparing apples with oranges here.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an DEP, youu messing with things here .. all your last three comments I may feel compelled to agree with .. you see where this is going .. but instead me thinks maybe a little nap as I have a two hour presentation shortly, an coffee nto helping ..
0 Kudos