Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Poor white settlements springing up

SKALA
Super Contributor
EddieM, this idea can work very well; look at the Isreali kibutz system; all the proof you need.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I hope you bring a film crew and have a Woodstock out there so I can get the drumset rolling away. Not to forget a generator for the amp and speakers
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Pity they did away with the old Masters apprenticeship in Cape Town (for older people to get a trade).
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Forgot to say that you could help by gringing some musicians to perform CLEAN SINNER and KNOW THE SEEDS WE SOW (free download at http://swayseeker.blogspot.com/ ) with me on drums
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Couldn't the okes be trained to be Musicians instead of farmers?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
They can plant and reap crops in time to music. Music can be used to do a lot of things eg a free multiplication song at http://www.ilike.com/artist/Swayseeker
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Mol
Frequent Contributor
Water is our big problem in this country. Most of our farmers are basicly farming in a desert. You can do that kubuts thing with water.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Evidently industrial hemp does not need watering (grows wild) and readily prevents soil erosion Could it be used to reclaim desert and provide industry (cooking oil, building material - cement mixed with hemp, seeds, etc)?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Water, how is water the problem? Look at cities that spring up in the middle of the desert at the top of Africa. How do they get water. They plan properley and then they build water purification and other water delivering systems.It is all just bad planning. I spoke to a guy this weekend about water and he told me that they have several coal electricity plants all over the world that use heat to supply good clean drinkable water. The steam is used to drive the turbines for electricity, but the heat is used to cause evaporation of the water thus filtering to a drinkable state. We are surrounded by a sea but we don't know how to clean the water and distribute it cheaply. It goes back to my previous point - education, education!
0 Kudos