Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Portfolio Management

Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
Has anyone done Charles Hattingh's Portfolio Management workshop? Is it worth the effort? Any views on it?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Is Charles Hattingh still out there? I haven't heard that name in years.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
Yip Charles is still out there. I've heard that he is doing a Portfolio Management course aimed at the average private investor.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
hi jim, i was on cph's sowb course about 2 years back now and it really opened by eyes to world of investing and the power of compound growth through the vehicle of equities. i'm going to be attending his portfolio management course in jhb in mid may as a refresher. i would really recommend it to anyone who has had minimal exposure to investing for yourself and more importantly doing your own fundamental analysis and using this to make your own investing decisions. if anything it will get the ball rolling for the average investor and empower him to take control of his own wealth building process through equity investing. charles shares all his models and historical data and just the way he thinks about the fundamentals of a company is refreshing. he rips listed co's AFS to pieces and shows you what to look out for (i.e. goodwill, intangible assets etc etc). also, i understand the groups are now a lot smaller (8 people) so it will be quite a personable session.
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
I have been to a few valuation courses - very useful.
0 Kudos