Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Portfolio s

Rams
Super Contributor
Saw this in SA Investor: 3 portfolios: Trading portfolio, Dividend portfolio(13th cheque),and the Retirement portfolio.I have all three and I have just added a "Mad Money portfolio".
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Preston
Super Contributor
And ????????
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
trading and investment portfolios make sense of course but after that the "eyes don't have it": mine start to cloud over as things are getting overcomplicated?? BTW unless you put a shorter term and longer term time horizon (and a net measureable objective) on the latter why subdivide things further ( do you like envelopes on the table at the end of the month - money for the butcher, baker ...?? Speaking of mad money.... ASX challenger energy would be my mad money bet
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Simplicity with above subdivisions, becos there is intent......trading portfolio ,yes, short time frame and within , about 7 subdivsions
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
So, after setting out the pieces on the board so carefully - as Mrs Doyle would say in Father Ted "gwann, gwann, gwann" - what are your objectives for your RETIREMENT Portfolio??
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
The intent of the RA portfolio is so formed so you never really have to retire
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
That's as clear as mud
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
How about this: in the first half of your life, you work for your money, in the second half, your money works for you......
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
That may be an objective( more like a wish actually ) but is sure is not a strategy....
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Reflect on this: your other sources of income build up the first two portfolios and the first two portfolios build up the RA portfolio...you keep adding to the RA portfolio (never retire)...strategy, as an illustrtation: if you get R1 divdidend per one share per annum, and you have one million such shares in the RA portfolio,thats one million rands per annum...
0 Kudos