Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Possible new Low risk Investment with guaranteed returns

Not applicable
Guys,

I am involved in a proposed private project to raise funds for a very specific type of investment. Details with held for the moment.

The very basics, is to invite investors to the investment fund (this is back by a HUGE international investment company with local offices and registered FSP) and for them to "pool" their funds to get the required minimum funds. This product has been specially designed for us by these guys, and is not available to anyone else anywhere.

In this case we are talking an investment of R30 million. Yes a relatively large amount of money but if like John Q's idea we break this into smaller chunks the idea is that much more feasible.

The idea and returns are tailored to every investment type but the initial thinking is to invite investors (angle funders if you want) to put up min R30k each max R300k.

Returns are based on the following:

120 days - 12% return on capital

150 days - 18% return on capital

180 days 25% return on capital

360 days 45% return on capital.

I know not exciting returns but a heck of a lot better than your average investment and your capital is 100% guaranteed.

These interest amounts are virtually guaranteed (details still being ironed out) and your initial capital is 100% protected, so you can never loose your capital.

Initial capital is paid to projects Attorneys trust account (protected by the fidelity fund) until the full amount, in this case R30 mil is raised. This way should you really decide to pull out before the fund is opened you can get your capital back. You might loose a bank charge fee for EFT of a few rands but that's it.

Once full amount is raised and invested the interest amounts above kick in (NOT BEFORE) and the capital further protected by the investment house etc.

Angel Funders / investors are in no way involved in the decision making process and have no equity in the investment / project after their initial capital / plus interest is paid back to them.

This is a pure and simple group investment fund and we are aiming to guarantee return percentages as stated above and your initial capital.

The investment fund will run in all likelihood once every year for 12 months and be closed out. Payments will be as above and the longer you keep your funds in the investment (min 120 days) the higher interest you get back.

LOW RISK, GUARANTEED RETURN (well I am working on that, but capital is 100% guaranteed and I should be able to advise in a few days on percentage returns)

Previous and New investors will be invited to a new investment the following year and so on. Only 1 fund will be run annually and the top side (maximum fund size) is unlimited but the initial starting fund size has to be R30 mil to make it viable and get these return amounts.

NO PONZI STYLE AND NO SCAM, but I cannot divulge details (other than this is a tailored product that was designed for this purpose alone and is not available to others) on it quite yet as we are in final stages of terms and conditions negotiations etc with the investment house.

Once finalised and ready to run you will get a full details and contract laying out the terms and return amounts due to you.

Basically I want to bounce it off your heads and see if interest exists?

I invite comments
0 Kudos
35 REPLIES 35
Not applicable
Nothing in life is 100% gauranteed. There is always some risk surely?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sorry Simon, I know it is not OST product ;-). Also investors could start at R5k or R10k, but the thinking is to get more serious investors in and also the amount of people needed to raise R30 mil in R5k batches is that many more (6000 on 5k as opposed to 1000 on 30k), but not impossible. just to be noted, INVESTMENT PRODUCT CANNOT BE INITIATED UNDER R30 Mil!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well total world financial collapse and the investment time frame needing to move a few weeks to realise returns maybe, but the specifics behind this product is 100% risk free capital investment. The very least or worst case scenario is you get your capital back. That's the aim of this product and we have clarified this over and over in the last 18 months setting up this product.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
On the basis of more info and full disclosure,I could be interested.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Oops, sorry, reading that post I missed a point, monies in Attorneys trust account will earn interest but very low (around 1 or 2 % per year) so the real interest comes in once the product is running.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hmm this sounds familier, so that get a bunch of monkeys to invest small amounts and soon everyone starts getting great returns then everyone thinks "hey, easy money" the fund then attracts a few BIG FISH and all of a sudden - no more funds. all gone, nada, zip, ziltch... A fool and his money are soon parted!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tribal, sorry to disapoint, the idea is to NOT GET A BIG FISH under any circumstances EVER. Once fund opens no new investors allowed into it until the following round (1 year later). We will have a time frame, maybe 90 days to raise funds and after 90 days the fund either has capital of R30 mil (or more) to start or if not enough funds everyone gets their capital back plus the measly interest whilst waiting.

I am not a person to bul***** people out of their monies and this is a product that has been researched for a long time and every legal stopgap, protection and method of guaranteeing capital is employed. As a first step their are 5 independent signatories (one being the legal department of the investment house) that have to sign off all documents before anything happens to the funds. I am in no way involved other than in initial idea and my own investment of R300k (max amount we allow any individual to invest).
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
CPS, with respect, tell us what you are involved with that requires money that would earn extra ordinary returns. I have yet to meet the true "wonder" investment and maybe this is it?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
For those of you interested please send me email to specially created account for this. [email protected]. I will send you what I can to start with but within the next 10 days I will have the full info document for you.

Please however leave your comments here as well cause I want this entire thing in the open and totally transparent. I will answer what I can for now and when I can disclose more info I will.

Simon or OST if it is in appropriate for me to have this here please advise so I can then invite people to communicate directly with me in email but I think it is great to discuss this in the open, well as far as OST in open and I am on tickertalk as well.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sorry that is supposed to say as far as OST is open, as it is obviously only open to clients of OST and not the general public.
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
beware. he first gives us tears in our eyes and now he wants money. beware or he will give you more tears.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
I don't know of anything that is risk free. The 30 mil, once raised has to be invested in one way or another to generate returns. In this, there is risk, and I for one cannot comment until such time as the risk/reward ratio can be established. Furthermore, experience has taught me that if one mentions "guarranteed" when it comes to investments, run for the hills. Therefore, until the full picture can be displayed, I don't see how anybody can comment.
0 Kudos
Picky
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
here's my 5c .. if the capital is so safe and the returns so great .. why not borrow from a bank at say 12% cost ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well if you borrow from the bank and invest it all in this scheme you gonna land up broke and with the bank breathing down your back??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simple, who here has capital assets to backup a R30 mil loan from bank?
I expect the cynics and even want them to come out. Lets change the rules a little

20 days - 4% return on capital

150 days - 7% return on capital

180 days 11% return on capital

360 days 14% return on capital.

Who is interested in this ratio? Double what your fixed term investment at the bank is? all of a sudden it is more realistic but to "Plain" for you to consider yes? Now all of a sudden you all want to go and day trade to make 10% a month with huge risk...eish where do you people come from?

When you say your capital is never guaranteed why do people invest in fixed term investments? Is their capital not guaranteed? Why are they not running for the hills?

Yes the funds are invested but not is the usual stock markets, we are talking far more sophisticated investments than the JSE ALSI etc. A hint, think discounting......
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
14% p.a aint very sophisticated. did u offer the muggers more than 14% ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
fusion, thanks for the input, my armed robbery story was not meant to give you tears but educate you and hopefully help other wanting to speak out.

Like I said 14% is now extremely boring so why would you look at it? At 45% you were at least intrigued to post a negative comment ;-) The fical mind of a sceptic?
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
discounting, factoring, bridging....... Anything to do with fixed property? Think that has been done before..... until there is a hiccup at the Deeds office..... gauranteed. I am never closed to new ideas....
0 Kudos