Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Possible upgrade to the Online Trading Homepage? Simon??

Not applicable
Anybody feel the need to have 2 or 3 sub-portfolios displayed on the home page, then we could easier track a long-term and a short term portfolio separately, and even throw that bloody Saambou into it's own little dustbin. Any comments?
0 Kudos
37 REPLIES 37
Preston
Super Contributor
Yesterday, i bought share installments and got charged more for the brokerge fee even though i do have a seperate share installment/warrant account. Guys at OST helpline informed me that charges cannot be reversed. Go figure!!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Having the account is one thing but buying from that account is another, you bought from your share account hey?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Sorry for you! dicounts only happen when buying FROM the warrent account...I know it does not make much sense but it is a bank system after all.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I guess we learn from our mistake. John , about 2 weeks ago, you mentioned a book. What was the name of that book again?
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
How much cheaper are the charges on Intsallments through the seperate account?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Total brokerage cost is R50 and not 0.6% of the total value of your purchase. You should be studying...Board is less than a week away. Possible Board Question Q1. Special Purpose entity combined with Holding subsidiary relation. Q2. A small revenue question of 12 marks Man Acc 1. Possible NPV Question incorporating deductible tax expense. Auditing 1. Related party transcation, sunbsequent event,auditing derivatives Let see if my prediction are correct Shaun.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
What you can do is ask them to trasfer them into the warrent acc so that you pay the cheap fee when you exit the positions
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I will , thanks. I am interested in purchasing that book John. Made some money, rather invest it into knowledge. Please tell me the name. I think it was "Trading into financial ???"
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Mr P, you do know that if you buy a book you're supposed to read it?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
WHY? Maybe its to level up the patio table.
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Thanks Mr P lets hope for your sake there is no DT or PPE questions.... Passed board exams in 2006.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hey dude. I am also passed. I was of the impression that you were writing this year Part 1
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hey dude. I also passed. I was of the impression that you were writing this year Part 1
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Did you pass Part 2 ..or still awaiting results.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Did you pass Part 2 ..or still awaiting results.
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Past both in 2006, hons in 2005. I did articles and studied straight from school.
0 Kudos