Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Potash

DPC
Occasional Contributor
Hi, could anyone advise me on a local listed company that produces and sells potash?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
barry_1
Super Contributor
Pray do tell ! Is there a shortage?Used for fertiliser i think. U could ring Omnia and ask.How ever at the moment better to avoid all companies dealing with food as the drought will effect all.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
No potash miners in SA, all requirements imported....link to read http://www.dme.gov.za/pdfs/minerals/r41.pdf ......Barry, did you see that the maize crop was much lower on Wednesday....down nearly 2m tons....somebodies margins or nuts are gonna get squeezed.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
For sure, also re-thinking going back into Rainbow/Astral as maize prices already sky high and looking forward not too bright.Think INET blokes should down grade.Omnia fertilisers and other feedstocks a no no.All crops round here ,Eastern Transvaal seem to me ruined.Don't know what to do about Illovo though as it is in so many regions in different countries,perhaps they won't be affected to the same extent.
0 Kudos
DPC
Occasional Contributor
Read an article that said price of potash on the rise as china turns more and more land into agri, pitty no listed supplier locally.
0 Kudos