Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Powers On1

barry_1
Super Contributor
Usually after dividends are payed out shares fall back as the next dividends are only due in six to twelve months time....Obviously not so with Ellies.The reason I think is that they have done what one expects only large cap shares do ,that is establish American Depository Receipts with the Mellon bank(ADR).Ths now gives them international exposure.1ADR=20 Shares.A very good inovative move indeed!
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
barry_1
Super Contributor
This is the best performer on my Recovery list having gone up 273% this year.Four of the five shares i chose have done very well....sashares2010.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Unfortunately I never bought into ELI on the basis of its poor cashflow history but hold all the other stocks in your recovery portfolio. Thanks for the ADI tip a while ago...has done very well so far!
0 Kudos
Candy
New Contributor
Have you noticed that a director from ELLIES sold 1 million of his shares? What do you read from this?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I have absolutely no idea!....I see directors have buying and selling from the time this share was around two Rand a share ,now its nearing seven Rand.
0 Kudos
fressa
Regular Contributor
Candy, i noticed the same thing. the share price has been down every day since. Id love to know if anyone has heard anything regarding this.
0 Kudos