Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Predict

richardw
Super Contributor
Let's have it. What is going to happen over the next week? Don't be shy - who cares if we get it wrong. Don't mealy-mouth it with a "could be X, but maybe Y". X, or Y. Use anything you like to support your decision.

I think China is going to confirm their rates decision next week, and commodities will take a (further) hit, which is likely to take some of the market with it.
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Brazen
Super Contributor
I think China will confirm rates decision, it's all priced in already, markets will like the certainty and we will see a recovery. Dow will go back up to resistance. Then probably tank again on some other reason. Short term longs.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Full on Black Tuesday!!!! or maybe Thursday!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I'm short for the 1 week term. I see a little pull-back, followed by more downs.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well to be safe and secure I will say the sun will rise and set as it always has. In the southern hem will rise fractionally later and set fractionally earlier due seasonal changes. The reverse for the north...;-) You said you wanted specifics....
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I cannot predict but a measure i've used in the past which has given satisfactory results is. 1.Natural gas price increase has been up since yesterday afternoon.2 This usually leads to about two to three days later an increase in the gold price 3 and two days after that in the platinum price. I can not say if share prices will increase because of this.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
No man, ignore safe :) The exercise isn't to prove you wrong, it's to get a range of ideas.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
DOW at 200EMA sooner than u think! 9700!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I know, just adding some spice! My seeing some ugly downside still to come. Maybe 500 pnts on ALSH then a sideways move for a day or three. beyond that, to risky to even think of short term. Long term 3 to 5 yrs, what the heck we will see DOW at 16k
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
>10% downturn in the near term. I think there's gonna be wild swings,so if you time it right there's money to be made.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Barry has a point. I watch the oil price. Market tends to follow a couple of days later. Brent up at the mo +/- 0.4%. Top 40 will probably test major support line at or near by my reckoning at 24180 in next day or 2. By Tues/Wed if crude keeps tracking upwards expect a recovery. After that who knows?
0 Kudos
PLayer
Frequent Contributor
Tuesday / Wednesday in the black....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Black from what level? any upturn from the previous days close is technically black. True black is close over the 1000 points lost in the last few sessions ;-)
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Dow down to about 10100 thereafter short consolidation and trade between 10100 and 10300
0 Kudos