Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Preservation Funds

Shard
Super Contributor
As a result of moving company a few times, I have a couple of different preservation funds which I would like to consolidate onto one platform. Has any had any experience with this situation and got any advice as to which platform is best. I'm looking for a platform with a fairly wide selection of products. I would move to my current company provident fund, but it is managed by our trustees and I would prefer to be able to manage it myself. I've got an RA on Allan Gray's platform, so thats currently my benchmark.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
coops
Occasional Contributor
look at intervest , over 500k and can actively invest in shares or good access to unit trusts. relatively cheap
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
why dont you consolidate all into one fund. Sanlam does it as well. You can mobve it around on the internet as you see fit. Personally I have left it in interst funds - returns not super, but consistent.
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Plan is to move it all into one fund, the providents anyway, I have an RA which I will have to keep separate.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Looked at Momentum Wealth? They have a very broad range of Funds to switch between.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
for goodness sake go and get proper accountable advice - this is a share forum - not a financial advisory forum.
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Have a bad day there little partridge?
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
Shard, if you are a small brownish blend into the background bird you have to flap your wings to get noticed. That said( with the greatest respect to the questioner) it boggles my mind that anyone would not take proper accountable advice on something so important and is casting around like this.... If you want the right answer - ask the right person(s)
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Point taken, but the right people you refer to here are the ones that will tell you to go with the one that optimally lines THEIR pockets. End users opinion is the best research you get.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Some very strong reaction to your question but you make a point. My own 'advice' was..."Move your funds to Ovation before we can help you." and so, I nearly lost everything. Advice..yes....but you still have to be very careful or else you line more pockets...not your own Jangat
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Look out for the sharks. The money sharks not the rugby sharks. Although, they did a pretty good job of steeling that ball also.
0 Kudos