Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Pressure

Not applicable
People I hate to say this,but this power situation is really going to dent this countries image and this together with all the other negative news is going to put the Jse under severe pressure.All we need now is Tito to raise rates and then we are [email protected] nobody in their right mind wants to be long in these times.
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
asylum
Super Contributor
spot on i think.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It seems we are heading towards our own reccession.The world cup is in danger.Our power crisis is on the international news.Very bad image for RSA.Who ever is responsible must be fired.I hope is not Thabo.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
In computer games and the like that deal with building civilizations the main thing is to keep building power stations to power your cities or you cant expand and you end up getting wiped out.Obviousely the powers that be have never played these childrens games..PITY
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am starting to understand why most of the cabinet ministers were voted out in Polokwane.I hope the new group will find solution fast.The state must ask China for help they are good in quick fixing.Look at their economy 11% growth year after year.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Guess what Govt has proposed as a possible solution.Hike energy prices,so people will use less.I SAY F@%K THEM
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yes no power no jobs so whos gonna pay the rich.
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
It is a good thing, these power cuts, coal burning is really destroying our environment and killing our children..just too feed some fat cat's greed..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Generator business is booming.It is a good business for now.
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
I read that Russia can build a power station in a year - why not call the red Brigade!!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
er, Chernoyl. But agree, it's really a complete disaster, and it seems to be one without a quick solution.
0 Kudos
CAPITALIST_RUNN
Frequent Contributor
P.D., is Cahora Bassa too far away to put in new transmission lines in a short time or has that facility also been allowed to go to pot?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Then turn off your computer and everything else and conserve mate conserve.......
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
CRD, CB is running flat out mate, time to dam up, say the stream at the bottom of my palatial spread,lol
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If Russians can built power station in one year.I think they must ask comrade Tokyo to organise that project with Russians.He trained in Russia.Plus he is a good businessman and is in the new NEC.
0 Kudos
dbm
Frequent Contributor
I regard SA as being lucky to experience this situation. This load shedding story is nothing more than expanding the economy too quickly for the infrastructure to cope. Well done SA. I have no doubt that the rest of the world will also experience the same (especially in the Developing world) in the future. I have lived overseas and looked at SA from a distance. I can very much see SA nationals fearful and sometime not seeing the wood for the trees. I know something good is going to come from this! IMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You're correct that something good will come of this - Telkom, MTN and Vodacom will have increases in revenues as we all phone the bank, pick 'n pay etc etc to find out if they are experiencing a power failure to prevent the frustration of having to drive there only to find them closed due to the power being off!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
White papers 8 years ago predicted we'd run out of power in 2007. There was plenty of foresight and the growth of the economy was gauged correctly.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
I think very shortly well have to start taking notes from Bob and the gang on how to get foreign currency.
0 Kudos
hobo
Contributor
lol!!!!!!!!!!! Please send me some of the stuff you are smoking.
0 Kudos