Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Price drop?

klapka
Super Contributor
..........did I miss something?
0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
tis called a price crack .. downwards ..
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
it's also called a stop loss trigger.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ah yes, stop loss on low liquid stocks always hectic .. hence I invest rather than trade em ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yep, that is why you can't trade this kind of stock. You are placing your stoplosses at exactly the point where I would put a buy order. Absolutely no point stopping yourself out at a point where you should be buying. The trick with low liquidity shares is to wait for this kind of low volume / wide spread action and pick up some more shares at the bottom end of the spread. this is your edge against institutions, you can do this, and get stock at a good 10% discount, while fund managers have to settle on the bid price and higher
0 Kudos
Orli_Essers
New Contributor
My relationship with Calgro has been short and bumpy - kind of like a Vegas Chapel wedding - exciting at the time, but a disaster 2 days later. I've lost and the way the share is going, there is potential to lose much much more. good luck if you waiting this one out. Don't hold your breathe though.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I absolutely waiting it out .. this was never a short term punt and as skaap says, be clever with your entry
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
They are in a space I like with great growth potential. I am in for a longer ride. This analysis from Keith McLachlan is worth reading. http://smallcaps.co.za/web/index.php/daily-markets/98-jse-company-news/985-calgro-m3-rough-valuation
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an it cracking again ..
0 Kudos
fressa
Regular Contributor
Simon, while i generally respect your opinion, im gonna have to strongly disagree with you on this. Calgro was a potentially a good buy at R3.95 and the way thing are going its going to test those levels again soon.
0 Kudos
IAM
Contributor
Buying opportunity anyone?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
disagree with what ??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it getting some support on the bid at last, but that could be short lived
0 Kudos
fressa
Regular Contributor
Folks, Calgro is a dead horse. Its losing more and more every day. Watch it drop to below 395, then, MAYBE then, consider taking a position. I think Keiths valuation is hugely optimistic.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The share price or the company? The business is pumping with a superb orderbook and that will eventually be captured in the price...don't be mesmerised by the daily market action, see the opportunity.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
if you follow strickly the technicals you would be aiming for a long ambush at R5, the previous break-out point
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well said there tinkerbell. I have just added to my position, and if it does drop to below 400, well i will buy some more
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Skaaptjop - you mentioned that you had left the country and returned. Where did you go? Why did you decide to return?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
this is my home mate - I lived abroad several times. Spain in early 2000, Kenya 2yrs ago, Namibia, US in the 90's - but their ain't no place like home, especially cape town
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
CT is certainly better but...
0 Kudos