Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Price drop

smoodley
Occasional Contributor
Hi, why has the share price dropped do dramatically between 26 and 29 Aug 2013.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
smoodley
Occasional Contributor
ok, found the answer "DISCOVERY fell 9% to R86.41 on Wednesday following the release of a trading update which forecast lower than expected earnings. A Johannesburg-based analyst said the stock took a correction as it had risen quite aggressively without any major financial news from the company that warranted such a large rise in the stock." http://www.bdlive.co.za/business/healthcare/2013/08/29/discovery-share-falls-9-on-update
0 Kudos
indium
Contributor
I am interested at what price to start accumulating these again as an investor. I like business model and company, the share price growth has however been overdone recently and results were fine, but well below expectations. This is perfect opportunity to accumulate at a better price. I am thinking between R65-R70, but am not sure if it will drop this low. Chart looks like a falling knife at moment and I am wary to jump in too soon. Thoughts / comments ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
it was announced that the y/y would only rise 10%...if it make sense..but already on the recover by 2%+....I think it is a good share to watch...or even invest now..as it will recover....
0 Kudos
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
quality quality business - will still be growing in 10 years. To try and get in "cheaper" is risky as this one could easily go up again.....
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I started loading up here. Oversold. R90 seems like a reasonable short tern target.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Got some at 8326. Let's see where this goes.
0 Kudos
Dr_Phopho
Contributor
Buying strong stocks on pullbacks is never a bad strategy.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Yep, oversold to these levels only six times since Jan 20009.
0 Kudos
B4land
Occasional Contributor
it will drop below R80 and then i will accumulate.
0 Kudos
Brommie
Frequent Contributor
This is a quality share for a longer term investment but I think the price is going to move sideways for quite some time. Worthwhile accumulating at between 8000 and 8050.
0 Kudos