Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Price of Installments

Enzed
Frequent Contributor
Hi Simon How does one establish a selling price for an installment. Have just sold SOLSTA.Underlying price was R267.35.When I looked up the price matrix it seemed to be out of date - didn't go as high as R267.35. Tried to calculate by using a formula SOL price divided by 2.88. This gave me a price of approx R92.82.When I looked at the installment trade screen the nearest bids were up at the R95.34 mark.Eventually phoned Std Bank Warrants where I got a bid price of R95.19. I then sold at this price. Is there a simpler way of doing things without having to phone Std Warrants or should one always do that ? The Price matrix often appears to be behind.Therefore what is its purpose or value. regards.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Preston
Super Contributor
I stand corrected. But when i contacted the OST helpline , the agent informed me that price matrix is not applicable on installment. Once again i stand correct?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
not applicable = correct. But in truth the answer is that there is a matrix on every instalment as well. warrants.co.za

enzed, no if the stock is off matrix, no way but to call SB.
0 Kudos