Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Price of VOD on Monday

Woeste
Contributor
If the opening price for VOD is R0 - can I put in a order for R1 and maybe get it matched? I basically want to buy VOD at its lowest on Monday due to the understanding that the stock will gain in the short and long term (I have long term in mind) - Do anyone maybe have advice for me on when to buy VOD as I read somewhere that you should wait a month after the listing of VOD before buying the stock? (I quess the stock will be overpriced in the beginning and that's why you should wait a month??)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
I guess that is worth a shot, you never know. :-)
0 Kudos
olilau
Frequent Contributor
as to when to buy - if we knew this, we'd all be millionaires. as to buying the share for R1 - really unlikely. if you want to buy it at R1 you'll have to find someone to sell that share to you for R1 - why would anyone do that ? as simon already said, MARKET FORCES will determine thge price and i doubt the market is going to entertain a buy request for R1
0 Kudos
Schmidt
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
According to an article I read on this website - the target price of Vod in a year from now is expected around R200.. I'm not sure if it would be there in a year from now... Lets wait for thier financials and then maybe we would be able to get an estimate as to what the company is really worth... I personally think VOD is one of the best shares -- But then again it's just my opinion
0 Kudos
Woeste
Contributor
Hello Schmidt, I read the pg you linked. The R 65 million dumped - are you saying they know something or are you saying the cosatu had shares and was pissed and thus sold - I am quite new to this. Can you please clarify a little more? I've got half my Portfolio in Telkom with the long term in mind - Should I be worried?
0 Kudos
Woeste
Contributor
Hello Schmidt, I read the pg you linked. The R 65 million dumped - are you saying they know something or are you saying the cosatu had shares and was pissed and thus sold - I am quite new to this. Can you please clarify a little more? I've got half my Portfolio in Telkom with the long term in mind - Should I be worried?
0 Kudos
Schmidt
Occasional Contributor
The announcement came out at 4pm, I think? We will hear over the weekend whether the courts will overrule the application. It may be that the unbundling may still take place and that the sale of the 15% of Vodacom to Vodafone will need to be approved by a court, either way, our Telkom shares will be very hard hit. This does not bode well for the future of this country, at all. You can always rely on stupid people to do stupid things.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
will we b able to trade ssf as soon as vodcom list?
0 Kudos