Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

PriceStreamer

webster_1
Frequent Contributor
Probably the most sloppy piece of online software I ever experienced. Evey year I wait for an upgrade, but no - only a persistence with an outdated / unstable platform.
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
for which we have to keep paying R100 a month. Very very very frustrating!
0 Kudos
Tenor
Contributor
You get what you pay for .... Other live streams cost up to R900 per month...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
How about R 70.00
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Thanks Hennie - please remind us again where this is as we all need a backup system.
0 Kudos
Tenor
Contributor
Can you preload strategies on that ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sorry don't really know what you mean but you get top up and down movers by VOL, % change, Price Ref, all with 5,15,30 min and 1 hour moves ---- idealcfds. R 70.00 p/m Equity live price
0 Kudos
Not applicable
guys, for all its faults, it is still the only software I am aware of that gives you 4 layer deep buyers and sellers on the underlying, for R100. IdealCFDS can't be compared, since it gives shaded pricing and only 1 layer deep
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Skaapjtop, Do you use ideal ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Are you refering to time sale and ticker ? What do you mean by layer ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
As I have never used Standard's Price Streamer, how does this compare with PSG's Online Live Trader.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ideal is cheap if you have an offshore trading account, but in SA it is way, way too expensive. By layers, I mean you can see the bid ask spread 4 layers deep. So you can see volumes of bids vs ask - very valuable stuff if you are a trader.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So you telling me that R70.00 is to expensive ??? do one trade on the alsi and you pay nothing for live Data. Do not know witch platform you using but the L2 platform which is free has if i may call it layer 10 time and yes with volume and no the price is not shaded !
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
What does PSG's Online Live Trader cost - as a matter of interest
0 Kudos
Not applicable
R70 a month unless you trade 3 times then it is free.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hennie, that is interesting, and I will definitely check it out, but last I checked IdealCFDs, I gave up on them because of their commissions charges on CFDS. They were charging commission of 0,75%per trade (either way), plus shaded prices factored in to the CFD (undisclosed), plus a transaction fee (R75). Do you know what they are charging for CFD's these days? Also, is the L2 platform reflecting the price of the underlying share or the CFD?
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
The trick is to keep your Browser version and Java version up to date. If that does not work get the suggested settings from standards techies. Thing is not to blame standard bank if you are still running outdated software or youre firewall is blocking or hindering the process. After changing one or two minor settings a year ago I never have any problems. I would like to see more than 3 levels in price streamer.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
COM 0.35% and equity is cash price yes. Iam not saying you have to trade through them Derivatives not for everone. I do my TA Through ideals charting platform ... my trades through OST and daytrading through ideal
0 Kudos