Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Production start

Not applicable
I read an article that Wez will only start production in 2013 if it is still viable. Any idea if it is worthwhile to hang on to the share or should I cut my losses.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
_nova
Super Contributor
call Fred Cornet (Investor relations) on 011 447 3030 and ask him. Production is scheduled to commence 2011 with peak cost funding in 2013 but I won't be surprised if they delay some. If you mention an article, then at least give a reference? No such article on SENS or on wesizwe.co.za, and as to viability? Have you actually read their feasibility study, the bankable one? Bottom liner is that they're looking at USD1125 per ounce as a baseline for viability. Right now, not even AMS is viable, so either the PT price recovers or SA PT Inc. is up the creek without a paddle. You either ride it out or you bail. Your decision.
0 Kudos
Major
Regular Contributor
They won't be starting production until they have sunk their shaft, which they can't do until they raise another couple of billion - difficult in this market. The bankable feasibility is still viable, given the current platinum price and exchange rate, but I think they're going to have to do a deal with a kind uncle to start sinking, which may dilute existing shareholders.
0 Kudos