Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Profit/Loss amount on Portfolio

chas
Regular Contributor
WHEN OH WHEN IS STANDARD BANK GET THEIR FLIPPIN ACT TOGETHER AND FIX IT. ALL WE GET IS EMPTY PROMISES!!!
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Terra
Super Contributor
I've started moving my funds to DWT! Very professional service, and SwordFish is so fast that EasyTrader looks like it's running on parrafin...
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Have already migrated to IGmarkets.co.za. always available no unscheduled maintenance. Rhaaa. Just come to this forum to talk nonsense, lol.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
so what you doing here... Goodbye
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
posting a lot of nonsense, lol.
0 Kudos
knopkop
Contributor
Chas With due respects but as your groan stands it is meaningless. Just like some others who write things in a kinda formula which nobody understands. I thought this forum was for adults expressing opinions on investments and things of value to others, but lately it is more like a bullring but the bulls scare nobody. They find it difficult to make sense. Sponono judging from the farewells to you, hope you enjoy it over there. They aint got anything like this and now that you are out of this, methinks you are gonna miss us plenty. Knopkop
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
Moved over ALSI trading to a different broker, using SwordFish, never looked back! It even feels like the trades are shown faster where SBK sometimes has a couple seconds delay.

Moving my CFD's over to another broker as well this month. 35 basis points for a CFD is about the highest in the industry.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Hey BC02, what you getting charged for CFD's at the other broker?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sponono, Do you realise it will cost you R50 per month to talk nonsense (your words) if you don't do 3 trades?!
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
I'm also interested in your cfd move....please share
0 Kudos
chas
Regular Contributor
It all due respect knopkop - conventional channels to sort these problems do not work. Like for example the FTSE index (it was not updated for over 6 weeks at one point)it was only eventually sorted last month after people complained on the chat forum.....
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
Im opening up an account with:
http://www.courtneycapital.co.za/
You can talk to Nico

I believ they are based in Sandton and in Randburg.
Its a group of professional traders. They use the software iress

They came recommended from a friend and after some chats with them they fees are much more reasonable (25 basis points for CFD, instead of 35 at SBK). I know IG Markets is 20 basis points but apparently there are a lot of hidden costs if you trade with less than R 50,000.
Im gonna try these guys out and see how it goes.

The software that you get is also very nice (for CFD trading).
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
thats 50,000 per trade. Dont know how true this is but maybe sponono can tell us his experience.

Must admit my dealings with IG have been good so far as well.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Topi initial margin R7000, R50 per pip; Topi Mini initial margin R1400, R10 per pip; Topi Micro initial margin R280, R2 per pip. No commission but the 10 point spread is your cost. Dont know about hidden costs.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
who's balance sheet are they running off? any idea? is it one of the big four banks?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no, it their own .. and they not trading you into Safex, coz their numbers totally out of whack with the Safex numbers, so you taking real counter party risk ..
0 Kudos
djw
Regular Contributor
I really dont understand why OST doesnt allow for yesterdays chart. Also why cant we have a GTC (Good to Cancel) option on CFDs
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
The hidden costs refer to CFD trading, maybe just check it out.

The ALSI trade in IG Markets uses forwards, not futures. Futures are regulated on SAFEX, forwards have counter party risk.
IG Sets their own prices on the forwards, which is a bit weird,

I use a different broker for ALSI trading DWT & BoE come recommended, both supply swordfish for free and you pay the same amount of brokerage as SBK.
0 Kudos