Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Pull back

John_the_Baptis
Contributor
Am a little concerned about the pull back. All you learned folk, do you suggest taking my profits running or waiting it out?? Opinions.
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
Look I think we've all been in this situstion before and I think your call depends on your appetite for risk. If you're prepared to sit though the pullback then I say go for it but there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking profit especially before a weekend. I would recommend you take your profit and tick the successful trade box rather than kick yourself when he pullback does occur and one panic sells uttering "damn...why was i so greedy - i should've taken the profit". Your call but it's always good to have money in the bank
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
if I sell SBK today I assume I lose out on the Bank of China deal?
0 Kudos
hobo
Contributor
Yes Maggie.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You would be correct maggi. But then you leave someone else to take the pull back and the BOC deal. It's six of one half a dozen of the other... What to do what to do??? ;)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You know, on second thoughts there may not be a pull back, or not a serious one anyway... Who knows?
0 Kudos
John_the_Baptis
Contributor
that is exactly what I have been think.I must say I'm leaning towards riding it out....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
after a few pull backs it should rise
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Are we still talking about SBK here? Or has this thread degenerated into one of those John & Chartist flirt sessions again
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have to admit, I was getting aroused...
0 Kudos
John_the_Baptis
Contributor
and there the pull back starts......
0 Kudos
Not applicable
falling like a stone....
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
192 million in the auction - wow
0 Kudos
steve_1
Frequent Contributor
When will we receive the proceeds from the buyback?
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Why have the installments not been effected?
0 Kudos