Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Purchase of MTN shares

Tom168
Frequent Contributor
the higest it can go is 125!!! and afterwards me thinks will be a major major sell off at least to 70 rand. Technically it suggesting a sharp fall soon. Fundamentally after the US elections the mood will be down. Shout at me if the share price is more than 80 next month!!! very dangerous for long traders I promise!!!
0 Kudos
gleamin
Contributor
Resistance at 116.........is this the turn???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
here we go down again????????????????????
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
By "Here we go" you mean?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Looks like you were right shard. Any merit in thinking it can go down to R80, or would something like R90 be more realistic. One more thing. Is the strenghtening of the dollar impacting on our markets? If so will it not encourage our bear on the all share?
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
With no major news or events this week, your best entry price will more than likely be towards close on Friday. Cant say what that price would be, but as a long term investor, I'd be happy with anything under R100 as a entry price.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
HERe we go means bear ride down - sorry i am a trader so the puts will start making money
0 Kudos
bothac_1
Contributor
Hi could somebody with some SSF knowledge please help me out. Shorted MTN with MTNQ Des-08 @ 11130. Short while later MTN bid was 11105 and offer 11109. My portfolio showed a P/L of -R438 for the day. How is this possible? Thanx
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
stay away from SSF - if you dont understand them, its a sure way to loose all your money
0 Kudos
bothac_1
Contributor
Sorry I traded 7 contracts.
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
The futures are not priced at the underlying price, look at the futures matrix for MTN to see what the bid/ask for the future is at various price lvl's. I would advise a short course or working through the presentation on futures in the education section before trading futures, whilst most can be learned by using the instrument, ou need to get the basics nailed first.
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
hehe, its amazing how this share is attracted to that 109 mark
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
DR is right - stay away from SSF...
0 Kudos