Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Q to John re:alsi futures

Q2W
Super Contributor
Hi John, I replied to Scandels thread, but doesn't look like it pops to the top. I need some help. Waves are just not the way to go anymore... No MM, barriers, ect. You told Scandal he can go with DWT to trade futures. Simon then warned about losing more money on DWT than you started the trade with. Then you recommended IGINDEX. Is that different than DWT? Thanks
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
john_1
Super Contributor
Trading futures means you can lose more than your margin. This is true no matter what platform you trade. Ig index has much wider spreads so if you plan to take a position for a couple of days or weeks then it is great as it also offers stops so you can not lose more than you investment.( I have never tried this but this is what they tell me.) DWT is the real deal used buy the pro's cost of trade is R10 per contract.... I would like to say that this is not for beginers and not somthing to be taken lightly.Please respect my warning and my concern. The gearing is off the page. and the losses taken can be significant.
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
I still recommend trading SSF , especially for shorts. Stop-losses are working ok risk is not so high, if you have stop-loss in place.
0 Kudos