Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

QE3

kwagga
Super Contributor
Give me BATS anyday. People will always, smoke, eat, drink and f.... So companies like SAB, BATS and Durex will always do well in resessionary times.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
add TBS to the list
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
DEFCON 5?
0 Kudos
JulzM
Regular Contributor
Would Iran Use their Nukes once development has been reached...
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
So why hasn't the Japanese done this ? In fact deflation is more of a problem in Japan that inflation was over 20 years.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Yes- I had this one out with you on a trade vs investment discussion some time ago. R35 to R60(AIP) +110(SPP) + 250(TBS) + 90(CASH DIVS ON ALL 3) = APPROX. 510/35 = 14,6X your money. About the same as Rand/Gold.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Actually Rand/Gold is only 8x.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
was AIP and SPP 1 for 1 ?? that's the info I couldn't find
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Because they don't own the "RESERVE" currency. They cannot re(in)flate. The Japanese are massive savers by nature. They are an insular economy (literally.) They change political parties every other day - so difficult to carry through on a policy. They are net importers of everything - especially food! They are an artificial economy built by America after the war - so they NEED America as amarket. How would they move their currency? They are a nation of 130 million people on a tiny island. There is no plan. America built the modern Japan. Now what?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
YES - both AIP and SPP were 1 for 1.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Incidentally - wasn't TBS and OCE originally spat out of Barloworld??
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
The US is following the same route as Japan, reserve currency or not. They will never allow inflation to vote the ruling party out of office. There is no simple answers to this dilemma and the friendly places for money are getting less and less.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Good- you're coming around. However - because she has he reserve currency - she can never follow the same route as Japan. She will always be "the last man standing" - this is the nature of the dynamic. She can print herself pout of pretty much anythingandthe rest of us must by her currency. We all the poorer for it - but that is the way it is. At the end of the day though - she must be the most benevolent "overlord" the world has ever seen.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
Well this is the place to find out - a forum famous for its nuclear warfare experts.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Sangoma says figuurlik but I don't eat that stuff.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and deadwood, drywood, comedians, alsittraders, bogiemen
0 Kudos