Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Qualified to trade - repost

saash
Super Contributor
Little survey - who has some kind of qualification, who has one that is financial, and does your qualification in some way improve your ability to trade?
0 Kudos
38 REPLIES 38
john_1
Super Contributor
no qualification, and I dont think it helps..trading is about disipline and risk reward.. not what you study..OMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
To qualify you need disciple and too much reading of excellent trading books.
0 Kudos
Picky
Regular Contributor
FASNMG - failed std six and std seven, now make gates
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Yea, I have a qualification. I lost so much money I decided to study myself and identify most of my faults to be a better trader. I developed a number of rules. The most important is to watch that weekly RSI like a hawk, never be afraid, never listen to people, trade as few stocks as possible, cut your losses short, let your winners ride etc.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
So those without qualifications - would you consider yourself a pretty good trader?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Plant Breeding,Genetics,Crop Science/Agronomy,Horticultural Science,Plant Pathology,Soil Fertility,Greenhouse Technology,Natural Resource Management,Farming Systems Research,Long Term Ecological Research,Agricultural Extension,Animal Nutrition,Data Management Information Management,Databases,Archiving,Data Ethics,HTML,XML,SQL, Service Level Agreements,Spatial Data Infrastructure,Content Management Systems,Systems Modelling,Geographical Information Systems Remote Sensing,Decision Support,Biometry,Statistics,Ontologies, Project Management,Collaborative GIS,Earth Observation . . . . and still not filty rich . . .
0 Kudos
MenuOption
Frequent Contributor
This is completely useless; we were looking for an ALPHABETICAL list!
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Then put a tabular function on the portal! . . . Actually a facility to post tables and graphs on the forum would be usefull.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you want to post a table ?? in all my years ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Alphabetical is easy, ABC
A - Always
B - Buy
C - Cheap
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
He knows everything there is to know about plants, animals, farming, and how to track what is wrong with them on specially designed software systems ... and instead of figuring out a way to make millions off some innovative "feed the plannet after 2030" patented system ... he is trying to play with shares, which has very little to do with plants and animals!!
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Just realised, if SBK doesn't have the IT capacity to implement some of web enabled stuff, I know a service provider who does web based maps and stuff. Maps are a dimension or two more complicated than graphs. Both have back end tabular data and front end graphics, maps just have a lot more.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A pill that turns into an instand plate of food after 45 seconds microwave exposure. You put the pill in the middel of the plate and stick it in the Micro. After 45 sec you have roast chicken with veg, gravy etc. Other pill could be burger and fries or steak roll with peri-peri or mash & bangers or bacon and eggs...now that would solve transportation, storage, waste from rotting foods, energy and numerous other polutant issues we face....;-) I have the idea anyone got the know-how?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Lol - HG Seems pretty well qualified!
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
How about culling 95% of the human population. Thats much easier and the planet will thank me for it.
0 Kudos
Alonzo7
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Apple2
Occasional Contributor
i've done investment and finance, attend Standard Bank courses, read something about the markets everyday but still can't comment on the forum from my point of view....mhm! oh! by the way i'm a Geologist....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ok HG you can initialize your legacy by committing suicide......now a little joke.. Q: how can you tell if a person has an MBA???
A: they tell you!!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Great - u can help HG save the plannet then.
0 Kudos