Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Quesstion re Satrix 40

Yatagan
Frequent Contributor
I guess someone could have asked this question before - if so, I apologise. Which is the cheapest method to buy the Satrix 40? Through the SB OST platform or another route?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Straight from Satrix - website driven. http://www.satrix.co.za/
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
How does that compare with SBK Auto share Invest? On your Online Banking page?
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Wouldn't know, as I am not a STB online banking client. Talkshow discussion concensus is "direct from Satrix" cannot be beaten.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Cost of trade is R25.00 per trade on the Auto share Invest site. But they will only buy for you once a month, on the 25th I think, and will sell 4 times a month. I think there is a mimimum amount of R500.00 per trade on SATRIX 40 on the Auto Share Invest site. I havent bought on SATRIX direct, so dont have figures for that.
0 Kudos
Yatagan
Frequent Contributor
Another question: How liquid are the EFT's for trading and especially through the SB OST platform? Would there be a difference in liquidity between Satrix direct and SB?
0 Kudos
Yatagan
Frequent Contributor
Another question: How liquid are the EFT's for trading and especially through the SB OST platform? Would there be a difference in liquidity between Satrix direct and SB?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
market maker so liquidity not an issue .. cheapest route be direct with satrix ..
have a look at
http://www.justonelap.com/SearchResults.asp?name=ETF
0 Kudos
Yatagan
Frequent Contributor
Thanks Simon. Sorry about the duplicate post..
0 Kudos