Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Question: Aftermarket orders - GFi

Not applicable
Taking up where the Closing Auction left us yesterday... I see that there was approx R100mil-worth of GFi traded between 5 and 6pm. Now THIS, I believe, is the preserve of the chosen few (eventhough there was a trade for a SINGLE share at 9100 nogal).
I note that despite the last trade being for 9273, the auction price seems to take precedence at 9350. How does this work? Anybody?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
although they are logged after 17hoo they are indeed larger trades from during the day as far as i can imagine,. they are literally always within the days trading range,.. seems the only viable solution to me,..
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
umm, your point being that they're trying to shaft us? No. I don't get your point.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yoohoo! Simon. You at work today?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
trades booked during the day can be reported after 5 but before 6 as long as one party is internationl. And if you fell within the rules you too could do this. Striker, if this is all crookery, then surely you should just exit?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Have a look at Implats 50 k shares traded after 17H00 at a price of R 460.00 Plus. Value R 23 mil By my Clac that is 40 % plus over the current ruling price?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Simon, that seems to make sense. I assume this system is specifically to give traders in the "wrong" timezones an opportunity to trade SA stocks? I'd also assume that many of those international orders are submitted at specific prices and if that price level is reached during the day, then the trade gets reported betw 5-6? Obviously the trade itself does not happen at that time (aftermarket), because then they could trade in hindsight. Correct?
hmm, I think my assumptions are wrong. Please advise.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
wow check it out - someone got a bargain there. (The seller, obviously.) But why would anybody want to BUY so many at that price?
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
beleive it will move above that? declare a loss, you only pay tax on your profits so for financial institutions this might be a way of avoiding certian tax's? only reason i can think of?? anyone else have an idea?
0 Kudos