Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Question about SSF prices for my Trading Journal

Not applicable
I've designed an excel spreadsheet to keep my trading in journal form,( Those boring Information Systems lectures came in handy eventually!). Question. The total profit/loss from an SSF trade is the difference between the enter AND exit COST price of the SSF less trading costs of R136.80. Right? Or: is the underlying price used for Profit and loss calculation? Or: is the brokerage incorporated into the SSF price?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
asylum
Super Contributor
No Roman brokerage is not included, brokerage is R 60 each way for SSF and the ssf is bought at the underlying share price, Profit/loss worked on SSF price.
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
I was being charged R80 in and out - so total of R160 to get in and out? I burnt my shirt, so I stopped trading SSF's.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
remember there is a 0.4% comm built into the SSF price, on the total of the hedge cost.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, are you saying I must subtract 0.4% from the difference of the entry and exit SSF , less brokerage of R136.8?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
No Roman the price of the SSF alrady includes this fee, only add and subtract brokerage.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos