Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Question for Barry

SKALA
Super Contributor
I like your div play strategy; also doing similar thing. Is MLA and SLM included in your target selection? I presently hold both and MLA has already run nicely. I try and hold after the div to see if the price will run up again. My TBS and PPC going nicely.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
barry_1
Super Contributor
There are so many good shares out there that one cannot hold them all.At the moment i hold shares AQP,GDF and installments GND,AMS, IMP.For the period up till June after selling the above intend buying more RBW,ILV and FOS.I'm not likely to sell my AQP as they are difficult to obain at a decent in any quantity.I definitely intend buying PPC this year after they pay their Interim in June at the lows.Of course i'll rather buy installments if they are available.Telkom is another i fancy for later in the year,based mostly on their Vodacom holding.Up to now MTN has really done well,however i feel they are in more risky areas of the world and a the moment telkom has the only landline that covers the whole country.I might hold IMP till their final.At the moment NED is likely to perform now better than expected.On the whole i'm staying away from bank shares till i see how the June legislation pans out.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Thanks for coming back. I also go for installments, STAs due to gearing and lower cost. I see today SLM and MLA dropped a bit; will now watch them closely, but should show strong divs Feb/Mar. Took SOLSTA yesterday as a bit of a gamble. Others holding that moved strongly are SOV, DTP, SCN, MVG, SXR and IPS. Previously sold when a target was reached, but now will hold till trend changes.
0 Kudos