Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Question for SimonPB re course presentation in Cape Town

keng
Contributor
Hi Simon I understand that venues for the various courses can vary. One must register before the venue is indicated. Roughly where in Cape Town are they normally held e.g. CBD, Southern or Northern suburbs. I note that these normally happen after hours which makes sense for those people who work. Would love to attend but am concerned about walking around in any CBD after dark.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Hey, buddy - do not be afraid, but if you are: it is dangerous everywhere. Take a taxi and be driven safe.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
keng
Contributor
Thank you Simon. Nice venue plenty of secured parking. Will definitely register. @CHATTYCHAT that is an option but I don't think my round trip of sixty kilos would come cheap.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Keng - you can park inside secure Parking at the Commodore. Standard Bank also validate your ticket so you do not have to pay for it.
0 Kudos
keng
Contributor
Well well. Free Course. Excellent venue and free parking. Wonderful. Thank you Simon, appreciate the class feedback.
0 Kudos
keng
Contributor
@TraderRoss thank you for the advice
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Capetonians worrying about secure parking ? I guess there is a first for everything.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I use to work in Newtown - Joburg right across the old JSE building. The main concern there was how to get safely to your car parked in a secure parking. We used to be walked to our cars by a guard with a *****ed 9mm walking behind you. Ah, the good old days. I only got mugged once.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
I used to work near SARS, also going to car after work was most dangerous. Also only mugged once.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, Cape Town CBD these days probably safer than a Pony Ride
0 Kudos