Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Question for SimonPB

keng
Contributor
Simon Many years ago I had the good fortune to attend one of your excellent trading courses here in CT. I think you were with SB at that time. You recently commented on short term gains. "you need to plan an exit strategy before you enter .. and stick to it .." Is there a course on when and how to exit gains? A loss is easy to handle as one simply decides on the pain threshold and sets up the necessary stop. I find gains more difficult to handle. e.g Initial goal 10% a)It reaches 9% then falls. Why oh why did I select 10? b)It reaches 10% then become greedy, then as above. c)Take the full profit and watch the ***** skyrocket the next day. d)Sell half. As in C above. Are you suggesting that one ALWAYS exits the full position or ALWAYS leaves some on the table. The above assumes there is no news on the share
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
agreed, selling at profit way harder then at a loss .. I always let the market take me out, so lower low is my preferred and I try and ride the trend for as long as possible .. 10% profit simple not enough reward for the risk of a trade and if given time hundreds of percent the ideal (CPI /SHP/WHL recent year plus trades of hundreds of percent)
lower low video at http://www.justonelap.com/webinarDetail.asp?intWebinarID=35
0 Kudos
keng
Contributor
Simon Many thanks for the reply. Am happy to hear that I am not alone in my dilemma. I always watch summit when you are on. Do you still offer courses? Since I have retired the wife is always pushing me to attend equity training. Ken
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I do trade well and futures trading courses for OST and other ad hoc which are either mentioned on my website or twitter .. www.simonbrown.co.za
0 Kudos