Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Question for barry

Mr_S
Super Contributor
hey, i was looking through the share discussion on MPC and i was hoping you could shed some light on this stock. im thinking of going long on this stock and i have noticed it has silently gained, since the time i put it on my watchlist it has moved up by more than 40%, is it still a good time to get in at these levels? as im really kicking myself for investing in BRE rather than this winner when i should have,im also thinking once the economic environment picks up again this stock will do well, although it seems its not too affected by credit, any views? thanks
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
I have the share in my long term portfolio bought at 21 about 9 months ago so even now - it got as low as R14. All retailers have recovered over the last 30days. Truworths released some positive results the other day. Extremely rate sensitive. Long term - everybody needs clothes and when times are hard why not buy Mr Price clothes. They have stuffed up with the sports and home stores - underperforming badly.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Mr S also look at my last comment on LIGHT CRUDE.The worring aspect of all this is that if interest rates dont decline,especially now,with higher fuel prices in a couple of months,then we are in for some real hardship.For the present i'm going to hold on to my MPC shares,buti shall buy no more and see how the financial scene plays out.On the moving the share is still above both lines but moving closer to them,as soon as it crosses both i would automatically sell.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
thats MOVING AVERAGE of course.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
thanks for the replies, by the way how did they stuff up?
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Hi BArry, What MA do you use?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
The expotentially weighted moving average on this SBK chart of 28 and 60 days....i don't go in for ambibroker or any of the other add on versions as i think this is adequate for my needs....i might add the bollinger bands are more sensitive and give warning of impending changes ahead of the MA,but i never act on the Bollinger alone.
0 Kudos