Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Question to Simon or Forum

Salv
Frequent Contributor
Im wanting to purchase shares in a specific company on the Londone Stock Exhange. is there a platform that allows me to purchase these shares. And what if any are the complexities of purchasing overseas. Thanks
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Firstly you will need Tax Clearance - check SARS website. then you need a brokerage account that can execute the trades, etc. Barclays, HSBC, TD Waterhouse (http://www.tdwaterhouse.co.uk/)
0 Kudos
Salv
Frequent Contributor
I see. Is it difficult to get the brockerage account?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
The brokerage account was the easy part for me. actually all is very easy provided you get the clearance from SARS, it seems you normally just need to provide identification in form of a valid passport to the brokers you want to open an account with, in the case of USA you need to fill out a US Treasury form for foreign investors, but these guys works so well that nothing is a problem at all. again i dont know how UK will be, some US firms dont do business with SA, e.g. Chase (division of JPMChase) as we considered restricted, others have minimum limited, but others have no problem. it all depends on the service provider i guess.
0 Kudos
Salv
Frequent Contributor
Great thanks for the advice.
0 Kudos