Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Question

steve_1
Frequent Contributor
I bought some MTN's, SOL's and Telkom's (before unbundling) a year or so ago at a cost of about R200k. Currently down 28% in total. No real movement on these shares. Do I take the loss and pay off my bond or hold on to these?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
steve_1
Frequent Contributor
Apologies....was suppose to be a new topic!!!!!
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
I sold my TKG some time back, I believe they are the road to nowhere. The other two I'd hold hold as I have no doubt that with capital growth and divs they'll outstrip the interest you would save on your bond.I'd say review your position at end of March 2010.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Everybody is so bullish about MTN....Hope it starts working for you next year....they say the soccer should help it...still a long time to wait while you pay the interest on the bond...Rather get out of debt first...OMO
0 Kudos
StanleyB
Contributor
If you do decide to sell, I suggest you wait a few weeks for better prices for SOL & TKG. Both are near 2 month lows & starting to show good signs of recovery the last 3 days. With TKG terrible results its recovery may be a dead cat bounce but expect another 10% to about R39 for 50% retace of its fall since end Oct. OMO
0 Kudos