Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Question

KVW
Super Contributor
Why is this share sandbagging? Seems it just cant take off. Good Results, Excellent Management team and a good spread of resources? Lagging Horse?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
barry_1
Super Contributor
I think it might be the old African story of trust also playing a part.I read i think in Moneyweb some time ago that the copper mines were down and out and were 90% mothballed.Various mining groups approached Zambia and the Congo and said that they would refurbish the mines ,for which they would have to get investors to put up the money and would need gaurentees of some kind that the ventures would be safe.They were given these and also that in most cases that they would not have to pay tax for ten years as they were creating jobs.Suddenly copper and other metals are doing well, and these governments are back to theuir old tricks DEMANDING 51 % OWNWERSHIP ,taxes must be payed and they want a windfall tax to be payed on copper! No wonder ANGLO exited the scene ten years ago!
0 Kudos