Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Quick Read: Environment and Economy - editorial

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Hi Everyone. I'm busy working on a short intro to an ecological informatics journal that I started. Below is a part of it. Please read and let me know if I'm making sense. I need to send this to the publishers ASAP. "Dear Fellow Knowledge Workers The Economy and the Environment: Data Implications As I'm writing this, there is a niggling concern at the back of my head. This concern keeps creeping into my forethoughts and tends to take over. The concern that I'm referring to is largely over the state of the global economy. Throughout the world this concern rests on peoples minds be it at the local or global level. At this point the reader may be wondering what the state of the global economy has to do with this eco-informatics publication. Well, at the time of writing, the thoughts of this eco-informatics practitioner have been taken over by the economic crisis that the planet is facing, so let me explain. During the current economic crisis, there has been a marked drop in the resource sector. The prices of industrial and precious metals significantly declined. The price of oil is at a level last seen three and a half years ago. What does the price of commodities have to do with environmental data one may ask? Taking the price of fuel from a high of US$ 147 a barrel to the current
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
dookie
Regular Contributor
HG. My most enduring thought from the writing course we did at varsity is that "authors should strike out every second word as a matter of principle" :-)
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Oops this got cut. Simon how do I get a few hundred words on here? I used copy and paste from my doc?
0 Kudos