Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Quite!!

Quakedog
Super Contributor
Hey guys why is everyone so quite on PPC, is there some hidden stuff here as she seems to be sinking into the darkness?? Went long yesterday at R31.82 will it keep going down? Seems as though this share tracks the US market with a slight delay? Any views here?
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
m9o
Contributor
Monday will determine its new direction..a close above R32.70 is very very bullish..stay long because. 1. This is a solid share. 2. They have a plant in zimbabwe which is currently not counted in its profits. 3. 2010 developments going to need lots of cement
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
more cement will be required for power stations than all the other projects put together....this share usually starts running in Sept,three months before the final div is payed,i'm waiting foractual work to begin in sites.
0 Kudos
Italiano
Occasional Contributor
So what you are saying Barry is that I bought AbPPCCB to soon?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
thats a a loaded question!....i can only repeat what has happened in the past....i dunno what it will be like this year,but in the past its turned out to be a cash cow as it's a very old industry and there are not many places they can re-invest surplus funds.
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
Surely that should be quiet!!!
0 Kudos
Italiano
Occasional Contributor
Wow! Barry keep your shirt on.Not a loaded question at all obvoiusly touched a nerve cause you were pretty convinced this share was on the up following your earler comments.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
oh i still am!...how ever i believe that it will only start running around sept closer to the final pay out in jan
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Nothing quiet like a good misspelling!
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
no spelling mistake here.
0 Kudos
m9o
Contributor
brace yourselves for R29-50 guys
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The tyro knows nothing, and everybody, including himself, knows it. But the next, or second, grade thinks he knows a great deal and makes others feel that way too. He is the experienced sucker, who has studied not the market itself but a few remarks about the market made by a still higher grade of suckers. The second-grade sucker knows how to keep from losing his money in some of the ways that get the raw beginner. It is this semisucker rather than the 100 per cent article who is the real all-the-year-round support of the commission houses. He lasts about three and a half years on an average, as compared with a single season of from three to thirty weeks, which is the usual Wall Street life of a first offender. It is naturally the semisucker who is always quoting the famous trading aphorisms and the various rules of the game. He knows all the don'ts that ever fell from the oracular lips of the old stagers excepting the principal one, which is: Don't be a sucker! This semisucker type that thinks he has cut his wisdom teeth because he loves to buy on declines. He waits for them. He measures his bargains by the number of points it has sold off from the top. -Jessie livermore - Reminiscences of a stock operator published 1923
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Point being - don't buy because something has fallen a lot! Buy on breakout.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
For some reason, people take their cues from price action rather than from values. What doesn't work is when you start doing things that you don't understand or because they worked last week for somebody else. The dumbest reason in the world to buy a stock is because it's going up. Warren Buffet
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Livermore made millions on the stock market when Warren Buffet was still a gleam in his daddy's eye. Frankly I don't want to go digging through endless journals and try to catch out creative accounting to bypass IFRS. Much easier to buy the stocks on their way up.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
The game of speculation is the most uniformly fascinating game in the world. But it is not a game for the stupid, the mentally lazy, the person of inferior emotional balance, or the get-rich-quick adventurer. They will die poor. " -Jesse Livermore, How To Trade In Stocks
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Point being - know your trade. Long or short. PS: Companies may manipulate their earnings BUT dividends don't lie.
0 Kudos