Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Quotable quote

sponono
Super Contributor
Hope is an important survival technique for the human race. But hope, like it's stock market cousins: ignorance, greed and fear all distort reason. The stock market deals in facts, in reality, in reason, and the stock market is never wrong - traders are wrong. Like the spinning of a roulette wheel, the little black ball tells the final outcome, not greed, fear, or hope. The result is objective and final, with no appeal, like pure nature Jesse Livermore.
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Not applicable
CanÂ’t help it. Things have been bad with me. I am tired of fighting. CanÂ’t carry on any longer. This is the only way out. I am I am truly sorry, but this is the only way out for me Jesse Livemore after he blew his brains out in a hotel toilet in 1940....one of the best examples of someone who in the final anlysis did the oppsite of what he advocated in trading and in life.
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
In 100 years i will be dust, a scarce memory, an even scarcer name upon the lips of men. Can my dealings with humanity be defined by my accumulation of wealth? Can such a thought be tolerated?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
can Copper ever turn into dust?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
How did he manage to talk after he blew his brains out?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
that was his suicide note....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, being a trader is a constant battle to remain disciplined and on top of ones game ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
absolutely....I immensely admire Livemore and have read extensively about him but it seems that his downfall was a a result of what happens to all of us at some point ...exessive hubris and the concomitant loss of discipline...in his case both of these were just hugely exagerated because of the massive amount of money he made (and lost) througout his life
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
A computer algorithm glitch can make the market wrong at times. There is no reason behind these glitches (not yet), but mark my words because a day will come when someone figures out how to make money from purposefully designed and developed algorithm "glitches" to create wondows of opportunity.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
The silent majority never seem to have much to say Sangoma, 2012. I admire Sangoma because there is only one of him and he does not try to dupe people by any elaborate pretences. Not like realchartist and his horde of other guises. Once a con artist, always a con artist.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
by the way what happened to 31500? or even 35000 for that matter?...the market always decides who the con artist is...always has and always will...
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
RC, any idea what's happened to Johnq?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no idea...i know he moved....i have tried to call him but no reply...we used to see each other fairly regularly...will try again...thanks for reminder...
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Haha a missing member of the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band. Should we look under our keyboards?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
eh eh...now that is classic!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Actually Fred, Johnq was quite a nice chap. I quite liked his view on things in general.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes an extremely kind hearted and kind spirited person...someone else who was totally alienated from here through your behaviour...as he related to all at out last RC Xmas party
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Bonzo, your vanity excels. Give yourself a medal for con artistry and deception. You be a true master of insanity. By Friday you be toast.
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
if it flies,floats or f@@@ks rent it.its cheaper in the long run.sound financial advice.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Geordie Lad, do you follow the Magpies, and if yes, do you think they can improve on what was an excellent season last year?
0 Kudos