Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Quote of the Day....for DST

john_1
Super Contributor
The real source of wealth and capital in this new era is not material things, it is the human mind, the human spirit, the human imagination, and our faith in the future.....
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
...and for those interested I know a good IP lawyer.
0 Kudos
Shado
Contributor
far better it is to dare mighty things even chequed by failure , rather than to rank with the souls which knows no victory nor defeat
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
....... tis only a rich man that will tell you that money is not important .....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
That is absolutly true. Remember that money in most werstern countries is free.. 0% interest so the issue is what you can do with it to remove the obvious risks associated with borrowing...that is about kop not cash.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John , I always value your input , but the willing lender , and the zero risk situation is perhaps where your premise falls down. Proof is the Japanese economy over past decade or more
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I trully understand that I am over simplifying things...but lets be honest there is plenty of capital about...its valuable ideas that are in short supply.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Capital usually flows where capital already exist but your quote is a nice positive thought - maybe I am just getting a bit technical ! After all the bumblebee keeps on flying ,I'm told, because nobody ever told it that aerodynamically it is impossible for it to fly.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Imagine the day it find out...what a bummer. Or perhaps the correct way to look at that is that we a humand don't know all there is to know about flight because if we did...bumble bee flight would be understood.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Or maybe the bumblebee just had this great imagination and idea!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos