Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Quotes Again!!

Not applicable
Have had R5.10 subtracted from my account for share hits which I did not request. It seems to happen after market close when I go to home! Really really tired of this now.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
john_1
Super Contributor
Why we have to pay at all is beyond me. Its free everywere else in the world. Its not even live actually. To prove the delay place an order and see how long it takes to refect on this site.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I didn't know that John. I've also wondered though why we can't get live prices - or at least a few seconds old - as a matter of course. And now I have just got a log on when I changed between accounts without the session having expired. They tell me it is my settings and have sent the info which I have carried out (deleting hidden files) and still it happens. Hope the new IT person when they get him/her, knows what's potting!
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Zircs heres an idea how much money do you spend a month on these live prices normally? if you check live prices on a daily bases why dont you fork out R 99 for price streamer and you never have to worry about your balance again, once you have price steamer you wont want to live without it. Simon half the commision on a sale.lol
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Asylum, how does it work for you. Often see gripes about it? Also I'm not what you would term a day trader, especially at the moment - have gone into shock - so unless I'm looking to trade and waiting to see how near or far I am to a trade, I don't use share hits and in fact would use the in depth share hits so I can see the bids and offers. Only would use share hits at the end of the month when I have quotes bal to squander.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Hi ZIRCKS on the whole it works fine for me there are times when it does play up but i coulnt do without it, ok i trade quite frequently but the nice thing is i can add as many shares as i want and get insant prices and never have to worry how much i will need to pay for looking at live prices and of course all live price on the website are also free. Omo and if you smoke just cut out four packs of fags a month and it will pay for itself and your health will improve, hey 2 things for the price of one.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No, no, don't smoke and before you ask, no I couldn't give up my choccies!
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
I think the first mont is free if i remember correctly i dont if you can cancel after that if it does not suit you, might be worthwhile finding out.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Asylum, I'll keep it in mind. It irritates me intensely though that they can't get things right. They must fix the fact that suddenly one has a big chunk deducted for live prices which you didn't want anyway. There must be other people who are having the same problem. Well if not, I'll feel discriminated against!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
we make exactly zero off live prices. We charge what the JSE charges, think they ripping you off - well then buy some JSE!

ZIRCS, this is making no sense, especially as we're not getting other complaints. Can you please grab a screen shot of your home page watch list this evening at around 5.10-5.15 AND the watchlist page and send to me [email protected]
Last nigth we charged at 05:11:49 PM and 05:16:13 PM, 51 prces each time = 510c (at 5c per share per view).
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Simon I have been having the same problem as Zirc, hence when I report it I keep getting told the your incompetent IT department is busy trying to solve the problem. I am also in IT and if a problem is logged we make sure that we fix it within certain time periods . I would like to get a time frame as to when this issue will be resolved. Remember that this is a service that is offered and SBK has an obligation to fulfill to its client, as we pay for this.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, sorry have been away from computer all day. Will try and watch closely tomorrow. But after close of markets why do you think I would want to get live prices? As you see I haven't been trading in the last while so live prices really would not be something I'd be dying to get into especially after 5. I'll say it again - when I click on home I get all the shares in my watchlist, which happens to be on the homepage at the time, share hits taken off. This seems to happen just when the market has closed and I have to click on home to keep the page open because as you know it is only 14½ mins a session. Besides if I am interested in live prices I go into the 9c ones so I can see the bids and offers. And as you see from the above tester is having the same problem. When one has built up a lot of credit perhaps people are just not noticing that this problem is occurring. What happens though without credits - your balance would reduce rapidly especially if one has a large watchlist. I understand that you don't make anything from live prices but obviously the JSE is and it is not right that they should be getting money from an IT problem on your side.
0 Kudos