Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Quotes Balance

Not applicable
Simon, Am really getting fed up now. I have money taken off quotes balance when I have not used any. Just now when I went to home I had 25c taken off with no log on message. Sometimes I have a log on message just for going to home when I have not logged on again. On Thursday I had 40 share hits zapped that I had not used. It seems to happen when some credits have been built up. Is someone hoping we won't notice and is this money being put into somebody's account? A little bit from everyone every day would add up to a nice amount. I keep on asking the question and don't get an answer. My queries always get referred to the IT dept and sometimes I get a credit but never an explanation.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
Hi Simon I have the exact same problem, my account balance keeps on changing , I was told about a week ago the the IT department will sort this out, no one has called me till now. The service just keeps on getting worse.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well anything over R100 at month end we delete anyways. Zircs, we have you logging in today at 10.02 as the only log in for today. How many log in SMS's have you got today?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
it seems to me we all have this problem, one thing i have noticed is that the more money you make, the more they take off ... mine is the most this month so far this year in a month and the month is still not over yet OMO
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hennie, we haven't debited you for ANY quotes bank activity this month ??

zircs, we charged you for 60 share quotes (one level) at 5c each on Thursday. You viewed you home page watchlist as live three time (05:12:33 PM, 05:12:42 PM & 05:15:52 PM) and the watch list has 20 shares this equals 60 live price views.b Tehn at 05:18:31 PM a look at another watchlist of 51 stocks on live price.
,br>There is an issue around log in, when you hit the 15 minute tiome out and elect to stay loged in the system some times sees it as a new log in and sends an SMS and/or email.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, I apologise. I took the quotes balance amount obviously before my log on was registered and then when it was reflected thought it was another 25c. However, still not getting an answer as to why 40 share hits I did not use were debited. And the most important question to me as a matter of pricipal is where do these quote balance amounts disappear to? I really would like to know how it all works. As you say at the end of the month it reverts back but does not seem to happen (that amounts get erroneously debited) if no trade credits have been built up.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It has not been debited but standing on R 140.00 for the money so far. will this be debited at money end ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hennie, anything opver R100 at month end is deleted.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the quotes bank either goes to pay for the SMS or to the JSE. We make zero money on either. The extra 40, you hit update on your home page watch list 3 times with 20 shares in each. Seemingly you only planned to do this once, but we recorded three requests at the times stated as above.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ah, I never go into live unless at the end of the month when I have quotes bal to kill. Have noticed once that it was live when I had not clicked on live. Can't think that I would have done it in error on Thurs. Anyway, knowing how it was subtracted does help. Have to click on home frequently to keep logged in because the log out time is so short. Anyway, thanks. Top marks for putting your finger on what went on whether erroneously or not and virtually instantly. IT certainly never seems to come back with any answers. Will be extra careful in the future to check that it is not defaulted to `live' before I do anything. Also for a very brief time the log out seemed to be extended to about half an hour which thrilled me no end and now seems to be back to just under 15 mins. Damn. And yes I have the problem often of getting a new log on when extending the session.
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
its the new way of bank charges . you never win......
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, Have just discovered something. Have instituted my watchlist ticker and I note I am unable to put it onto delayed prices, so when I change my favourite list to another list on the ticker, would it give me live prices automatically? This might be the problem because to go to live on the home page you would need to click live and then change which I can not see myself doing inadvertantly.
0 Kudos